Why adding spice is useful
- Stabilizing sugar levels – helping those suffering from diabetes.
American scientists have shown that by drinking a drink with the addition of cinnamon in the morning on an empty stomach, insulin-dependent people can achieve a 29% decrease in sugar levels. This is due to hydroxychalcone derived from cinnamon, which acts as an insulin mimetic, that is, it mimics the hormone naturally synthesized in the blood, replacing its positive properties.
- Positive effects on the cardiovascular system, in particular, reducing cholesterol and triglycerides, which can cause plaque in blood vessels and veins, and their blockage.
- Acceleration of cellular metabolism, in simple words, helps to lose weight.
- The significant anti-inflammatory effect helps in the treatment of many colds.
- Improving brain function and preventing neurodegenerative diseases, including Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s – this speaks of the benefits of taking it for people of all ages.
In addition, the aromatic drink has positive taste characteristics and is distinguished by an unforgettable aromatic bouquet.
How to make slimming cinnamon tea
The presence of fiber and antioxidants promotes gentle cleansing of the gastrointestinal tract and stabilizes the gastrointestinal tract. At the same time, the metabolism is significantly accelerated.
Many nutritionists use the spice in their recommendations. However, there is a myth according to which her smell stimulates the appetite. The fact is that the seasoning is often used to create spicy pastries, it is added to apple pies, strudels, croissants. Therefore, many people with a tendency to be overweight associate aroma with sweets. This is not entirely true, since the smell obtained during brewing is far from baking – it is interrupted by other components.
So, 1 tsp. cinnamon is added to tea with honey or juice, which, for greater efficiency, can be supplemented with ginger. The resulting drink is drunk every 2 days and immediately, in one sitting. Before using it for dietary purposes, we recommend that you consult with a dietitian, as well as with your doctor if you have any chronic diseases. In the presence of acute diseases, it is better to refrain from taking until recovery, so that there are no negative consequences. It is also important to determine the absence of allergic reactions to all the ingredients, if they are not present, you can use one of the recipes we have proposed below.
Fights bacteria and fungi
Cinnamon has powerful antibacterial and antifungal properties.
For example, in vitro studies show that cinnamaldehyde – the main active ingredient in cinnamon – prevents the growth of various bacteria, fungi and mold (,).
These include common bacteria such as staphylococci, salmonella and E. coli, which can cause disease in humans.
In addition, the antibacterial action of cinnamon can help reduce bad breath and prevent tooth decay (,).
However, more human studies are needed before convincing conclusions can be drawn.
Compounds in cinnamon tea can help fight bacteria, fungi, and mold. They can also help freshen your breath and prevent tooth decay.
Cinnamon tea – how, when and how much to drink
You should use the following guidelines:
- The best time for your first tea is early in the morning. Immediately after waking up on an empty stomach, you can drink a glass of water, and after 10-15 minutes tea. After that, you should refrain from breakfast for half an hour.
- You can brew the drink twice, but then it is recommended to use black leaves for the morning reception, and green leaves for the evening one.
For the rest, you should carefully monitor your health, focusing on blood pressure.
The amount drunk also depends on the individual. Usually, a special teapot or a 0.5 liter thermos is used for brewing. This will be enough for the daily ration.
How to brew and drink such a drink correctly
Making cinnamon tea has its own unique secrets. In general, this spice can be added to almost any drink. They go well with milk, kefir, compote, coffee, black and green tea. The most popular recipe for tea with cinnamon and lemon. This drink perfectly refreshes and invigorates, and also promotes natural weight loss.
How to brew and drink cinnamon tea properly:
- Pour a regular serving of green or black tea into the teapot.
- Pour boiled and slightly cooled water (temperature not higher than 90 degrees).
- Add a stick of cinnamon or ground spice to the container at the rate of 0.5 teaspoon per 0.5 liter of water.
- Let it brew, pour into cups and drink.
For a richer bouquet, you can additionally use cloves, ginger, orange and lemon wedges. Cinnamon goes well with lemon balm and mint, and tea with cinnamon and apple is a real “classic” and an indescribably delicious drink. In order for the spices to give their maximum taste to the drink, you can first boil them in boiling water, and after infusion, brew the tea with a spicy mixture.
You may be interested in: Cast Iron Teapot: Tea Ceremony Decoration
How to make cinnamon milk tea:
- Brew tea according to the previous recipe.
- Pour into cups, about ⅔ of the total.
- Add milk to the cup.
To improve the taste, you can use a small amount of sugar, or better, natural honey. Tea with honey and cinnamon is not only delicious, but also very …