Are you wondering how to lose weight in your legs? Focus not only on nutrition and overall fat burning (e.g. Nordic walking or swimming), but also on building muscle. As muscle mass grows, metabolism will accelerate, which means burning more calories, hence losing weight. Even outside of training.
Losing weight in the legs: effective techniques and procedures
To lose weight in the legs and hips, it is necessary to act in a complex manner. Start reducing the amount of fat all over your body, do not focus on one part. You can use the BMI calculator as a weight loss aid; it will help you determine if your weight is normal or not.
Exercise regularly, take your time. Losing weight quickly in your legs does not mean destroying deep subcutaneous fat. After losing weight, cellulite may remain, in addition, there is a risk of the “yo-yo” effect.
How to lose weight in legs and hips at home – basic tips:
- Eat small meals, ideally 5-6 times a day.
- Follow your drinking regimen.
- Keep track of your protein intake.
- Motivate yourself to lose weight.
- Avoid stressful situations that prevent you from burning fat.
- Focus on strength training with short breaks.
- Combine strength training and aerobics.
- Do not forget about sufficient body regeneration after exercise.
Basic rules for doing leg exercises
All physical activities for weight loss should be performed 1.5-2 hours after eating, so that the body wastes already accumulated reserves, and not just received. With a completely empty stomach, you should also not exercise. A few more rules for successful classes:
- If you have a low level of physical fitness, exercise for 20 minutes. The recommended training duration is 40 minutes.
- Regular training is the key to success: make it a habit to exercise 2-3 times a week.
- It is impossible to drink water in large quantities during the process, but it is allowed to wet the throat periodically.
- Weight loss workouts are always intense, as only aerobic activity burns fat.
- If you plan to jump, especially over the rope, wear sneakers (except for trampoline exercises): they will cushion the spine. The rest of the leg weight loss exercises can be performed barefoot.
How to lose weight in legs quickly and effectively: exercise + nutrition
In terms of muscle, the goal of losing weight is not a lot. Strong, slender muscles look beautiful. This is what Pilates does. During exercise, deep muscles are well stretched and strengthened. This complex focuses on the whole body, so if you, like many women, solve the problem of not only losing weight, but other parts, Pilates is an excellent choice.
Fast weight loss in buttocks, hips and legs
If you have a pear-shaped figure, the process of losing weight in the upper legs and buttocks will be difficult. It is best to consult a fitness trainer.
Exercises for the hips:
- running up the stairs;
- fast lunges;
- intense strength training.
How to do lunges for maximum effectiveness:
- Straighten your back, tighten your abdominal muscles. Do not strain your knees.
- Take a step forward with one foot, not too long and not too short.
- The other leg is on the back knee.
- The bend angle of the front leg is 90 °, the knee of the back leg may touch the floor slightly.
- The knee of the front leg should not protrude beyond the tip of the foot.
- Climb up.
- Return to starting position.
The next problem is the buttocks. As with the thighs, it is important to stick to the basics of a healthy diet and exercise regularly when losing weight. The key factor is the acceleration of metabolism.
Surprisingly, tempering also helps. When doused with cold water, the body tries to equalize the temperature, to warm up. It activates muscles, resulting in fat burning and weight loss. In addition, cool water boosts immunity.
Exercises for slimming the buttocks:
- fast walk;
- short fast run;
- squats with a load;
- exercises on the leg press (leg press).
One of the best options for how to quickly lose weight in your legs is squats. But they must be done correctly: sit down slightly, take your buttocks back, as if you are going to sit down. The hips are level with the floor, the knees do not extend beyond the toes. Do 3 sets of 20 reps each.
Slimming in calves
Strong calves are a separate chapter in losing weight. Bulky calves with a slender rest of the body can be genetically determined. A good way to lose weight in your legs quickly and effectively is through vigorous exercise to burn calories and strengthen your muscles. An effective workout that can be done anywhere is the toe raises. Just go up on your toes and come back (do 3 sets of 10-15 reps). For greater effectiveness of the exercise, hold on to the wall, do lifts on one leg.
Diet for slimming legs
The basis for solving the question of how to lose weight in the legs quickly and effectively at home is to reduce the amount of fat throughout the body. Diet will help here. It is recommended to eat in small portions several times a day (preferably 5-6 times a day). Try to include vegetables (fresh or steamed) with every meal.
To lose weight in legs, it is important to monitor the amount of protein in the diet. The menu should be designed so that protein-rich foods are present for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Protein sources can be both vegetable (grains, legumes, soy products) and animal (milk, meat, …