News : European Football Championship – Christian Eriksen conscious after an emergency doctor call – Sport

News : European Football Championship – Christian Eriksen conscious after an emergency doctor call – Sport

The footballer Christian Eriksen, who collapsed in the European Championship preliminary round match between Denmark and Finland, is conscious. The 29-year-old is “awake and is for further examinations in the imperial hospital,” wrote the Danish association DBU on Twitter. “We were in contact with Christian and the players spoke to him. He is fine and they are playing the game for Christian,” said the director of the Danish football association DBU, Peter Möller, of the radio broadcaster DR. The game, which was initially interrupted, was still continued on Saturday evening at 8.30 p.m.

It was “important” for the players to know that Eriksen is doing well. The 29-year-old collapsed on the lawn just before half-time and remained motionless. Rescuers who were called immediately had taken life-saving measures. “He fell over and had a heart massage on the pitch. Fortunately, he was awake when he left the stadium,” said Möller. Eriksen was then taken to a hospital, and his condition has now stabilized. At first it was unclear whether the game would continue or not.

“After the medical emergency of the Danish player Christian Eriksen, a crisis meeting took place with both teams and the game management,” said the European Football Union Uefa. Eriksen’s conversation with his team apparently brought the decision. “Our thoughts are with Christian’s parents and his family,” said Möller.

It was only minutes after the heart massage that Eriksen was driven out of the interior of the Parken Stadium on a rescue stretcher, under privacy protection and accompanied by his teammates. The spectators, coaches, players – many clapped their hands over their faces. It was quiet in the stadium at times after it had been very atmospheric at the first appearance of the Danish team in Copenhagen. “Please stay in your seats until there is more information,” the stadium announcer had initially announced.

The action happened in the 43rd minute without any opposing influence. The Finnish players left the pitch after a good ten minutes. ZDF and Magenta TV then temporarily interrupted their transmission from Copenhagen.

Like it? Share with your friends!