News : World Cup covered in China suspended by Coronavirus


News :

World Cup covered in China suspended by Coronavirus


Several Chinese citizens protect themselves with a mask

It was an open secret and finally the International Athletics Federation has made official the suspension of the Athletics Indoor Track World Championship to be held from March 13 to 15 in the Chinese town of Nanjing, 500 kilometers from Wuhan, the main focus of the Coronavirus, the epidemic that is sowing the alert in the Asian country and little by little in the whole world.

The situation was being reviewed for days

“We are sorry to communicate the agreement with the organizers of the Indoor Athletics World Championship in Nanking to postpone the event to March 2021“, Announced the IAAF through a statement. "The World Athletics is carefully monitoring the situation surrounding the Nanking 2020 Indoor World Championship and is in close contact with the World Health Organization (WHO)," the IAAF said in the morning on its Twitter account.

106 deaths and almost 5,000 affected

This dangerous virus that already has so far left 106 dead and more than 4,600 affected in the Asian giant. "If any of the WHO councils affect what is planned, we will notify all interested parties immediately," said the highest international body hours before the release.

It is postponed in principle until next year, but an exact date is not given nor can the dispute be guaranteed. It will depend on how the epidemic progresses.

It may interest you...


Like it? Share with your friends!