Do you often have tired legs? Are footwear torture and you can’t wait to get rid of it? If you suffer from swollen feet you probably need special treatment, to be given at least once a week. The refreshing salts relieve the pain and burning of the plant, pampering the feet in a delicate and natural way. Discover the recipe for making salts to use for a refreshing foot bath whenever you want.
During the day our feet are subjected to considerable stress, due to body weight load and footwear, often inadequate, which we also wear for several consecutive hours.
Compared to other parts of the body, the feet are the ones we tend to neglect the most, only to remember when the pain is so acute that it prevents us from walking easily. If taking off your shoes in the evening becomes a real liberation, it means that your feet need some extra attention.
The refreshing foot bath is the solution ideal for give relief to swollen feet and tired ankles and it can become your evening or weekly pampering to be given at home, whenever you wish.
Read also: How to make bath salts
Find out how to make refreshing salts to relieve foot pain e the annoying burning of the planthere is one very easy recipe together with product storage recommendations, to pamper your feet all year round.
Ingredients and properties
To make the salts do it yourself for the refreshing foot bath you need few ingredients effective, totally natural, that they perform arefreshing and invigorating action, which immediately relieves joint pain and soothes the annoying burning of the sole of the foot often caused by high heels or uncomfortable footwear.
Here are the ingredients to use, along with the beneficial properties of each:
- coarse salt: effective against swelling of the feet and ankles, it plays aantibacterial and anti-inflammatory action. It can also be replaced by Himalayan pink salt, which has relaxing properties and is a powerful energizer;
- Epsom salt: Also known as English salt, improves tissue oxygenation and has adetoxifying action;
- bicarbonate: L’toning and softening action bicarbonate leaves the skin very soft. It is also an effective one natural deodorant and plays a powerful one antifungal action against bacteria;
- Tea tree oil: Melaleuca essential oil is effective against sweat. Its properties have been recognized for millennia: as well as being antiseptic and antibacterial, it’s great natural healing. It also plays aantifungal action, especially recommended for those suffering from bacterial fungal nail infections;
- Lavender essential oil: lavender has a wonderful scent and is a powerful natural ally that plays arefreshing and invigorating action. It can be used to relieve joint pain;
- Peppermint essential oil: deodorant, refreshing and antiseptic.
You may be interested in: Christmas place cards: 40 DIY ideas
Here is all theneeded to make the salts for the refreshing foot bath:
- 200 g. Epsom salt
- 100 g. Coarse salt
- 100 g. Sodium bicarbonate
- 20 drops of lavender essential oil
- 20 drops of peppermint essential oil
- 15 drops of Tea Tree oil
- glass jar with airtight closure.
Do you have problems with plants? Join the group
Now that you have all the ingredients available, it’s time to make this easy recipe with which, soon, you will be able to pamper your feet. Here are all the steps of the procedure:
- In a bowl of glass with hermetic closure insert all first dry ingredients, that is, the two types of salt and baking soda, mixing them well together, with a spoon.
- Add the drops of essential oil: you can choose to use only one type of oil among those proposed, or use them all in the suggested quantities.
- Mix it carefully all the content, to ensure that the salt and bicarbonate absorb all the aromatic notes of the oils well.
The hermetic closure of the jar guarantees a long conservation of the product e does not let the perfume disperse essential oils. The jar with the salts for the refreshing foot bath it can be stored in a cool place at room temperature and up to one year from its preparation.
Opt for a transparent glass container, in such a way as to see how many salts you still have available and if it is necessary to make a new supply. you can choose to decorate your jar with ribbons or various decorations: it will be perfect as a gift idea, or to be kept on display on a bathroom cabinet.
Recommendations for use
you can resort to foot bath refreshing whenever you feel the need, reserving this special treatment to only one day of the week, to enjoy a moment of pure relaxation; or you can decide to use them every evening, at the end of the day, to relieve the fatigue of the feet and ankles and make the skin smooth and smooth.
To enjoy all the benefits of the refreshing foot bath fill a basin with warm water, with a temperature around 37 degrees. Dissolve two tablespoons of salts is dip your feet in the water up to the ankles. Take it easy for 15/20 minutes is rinse under the jet ofcold water.
In this way you will reactivate the blood circulation and you will immediately feel more energetic! Dry your feet dabbing them with a soft, warm radiator towel, e conclude the treatment massaging the skin with a moisturizer, to make it even softer and smoother.
Refreshing foot bath salts: pictures and photos
You have decided: it’s time to get to work and immediately use the natural salts for the refreshing foot bath! But would you like to make a gift box for your friends too? Take a look at this gallery of images: here are some ideas to make beautiful packs with your custom salts: give and give yourself a special treatment for the feet whenever you want!