Protein in the range of sports nutrition. Top 5 Best Protein Supplements
Protein plays one of the most important roles in the sports nutrition portfolio… This is a protein powder that contains high nutritional and biological value, with an optimal balance of amino acid, vitamin, and mineral composition.
Without a full-fledged balanced diet, athletes cannot endure heavy loads, in addition, it is protein that is involved in the growth of muscle mass.
The Importance of Protein in a Sports Nutrition Assortment
The content of the article:
In the human body, everything is made up of protein, which is one of the most important nutrients. So protein plays a very important role in the athlete’s diet.
The body of physically active people performing regular loads is subject to severe trials, during which energy is quickly expended and muscle mass is regenerated. Consequently, all this needs to be restored, and fast.
The protein itself does not affect the structure of the muscles; after being broken down in the body, its amino acids form proteins.
Protein in the range of sports nutrition relieves athletes from taking large amounts of food and overloading the digestive organs… It is absorbed quickly, restoring athletes after training and competition.
It is important to know! Some of the proteins found in sports nutrition are not available in regular foods. They are produced using special technologies.
The ratio of animal to plant proteins
The ratio of vegetable and animal protein in the athlete’s diet should be approximately as follows: animal – 60%, vegetable – 40%.
During the competition, the proportions change: the consumption of animal protein rises, and plant protein decreases. This happens for several reasons:
- animal protein contains amino acids, which allows the product to be fully absorbed;
- vegetable proteins absorbed more difficult due to the lack of all the necessary acids and require additional energy consumption for the work of the digestive tract.
Excellent digestibility is noted in egg white (eggs of quails, chickens), the next step is given to whey and milk proteins, in the last place is poultry meat, fish products.
A training regimen requires plant-based proteins that are rich in fiber. The composition also contains the most complex carbohydrates, micronutrients, healthy fats.
These products lower plasma cholesterol, fight excess weight, satisfy hunger. Nutritionists consider all types of nuts, soybeans and legumes to be one of the most protein foods of plant origin.
Protein intake rates. How much protein do you need per day?
Protein in the range of sports nutrition during heavy loads – at least 30 grams in one meal.
- power sport – protein – 1.4-1.8 g per kilogram of the athlete’s weight;
- in bodybuilding, bodybuilder, protein nutrition is necessary for muscle growth – 1.8-2.0 g per 1 kg of weight;
- other sports categories – protein – 1.0-1.6 g per 1 kg of weight;
The amount of protein in the sports lover’s range is calculated to increase strength with endurance.
How to balance your diet? Count
The daily calorie content for athletes is different, this is due to the difference in the individual characteristics of the human body, the metabolic rate.
There are 3 main groups of people according to the degree of digestibility of food:
- Endomorph. People with a slow metabolism, overweight, have a low energy requirement. The body of Ectomorphs is round, with a lot of fat.
- Mesomorph. People with an average metabolism, metabolism. They have natural broad shoulders, musculature, thick bones, and bulky muscle tissue. To gain muscle mass, it is enough for them to gain a little weight.
- Ectomorph. People of this type have a fast digestive response, metabolism. Ectomorphs are thin, with long bones, fragile constitution. Their body does not store excess calories in fat, their muscles are lean, muscle mass is gained very slowly.
Calculation of protein, carbohydrates and fat in the range of sports nutrition
|Type of person||Protein||Carbohydrates||Fats|
The formula for calculating the calorie content per day for an athlete is as follows.
- age 17-32 – ((0.0621 * X + 2.0357) * 240 kcal) * K;
- from 32 -55 – ((0.0342 * X + 3.5377) * 240 kcal) * K;
- after 55 years – ((0.0377 * X + 2.7545) * 240 kcal) * K.
- 17-32 years old ((0.0630 * X + 2.8957) * 240 kcal) * K;
- 32-55 ((0.0484 * X + 3.6534) * 240 kcal) * K;
- From 55 ((0.04910 * X + 2.4587) * 240 kcal * K.
Protein deficiency slows down muscle recovery. A failure in the range of sports nutrition provokes the work of the whole organism, thereby damaging health.
Athletes are more prone to protein deficiency due to an active lifestyle. The lack of protein food for athletes is associated with low-quality products and their processing.
Protein supplements. Protein, which manufacturer should you choose?
Sports nutrition stores offer a wide range of protein products. With all the variety, whey and complex proteins are released.
Manufacturers convince in the best qualities of their protein, but Which one is actually better, consider in the Top 5 next generation protein formulas.
Top 5 best protein supplements for athletes
Whey Gold Optimum Nutrition
Whey protein with a balanced composition. Quickly absorbed, increases muscle mass. Thanks to the high …