Squats with dumbbells for girls for the buttocks: how to squat correctly
Squats are a very common and popular exercise that includes all programs aimed at both losing weight and building muscle mass. Additional weights can be used to increase the effectiveness of the exercise. Many people choose squats with dumbbells. Consider what this exercise is, and how to perform it correctly.
Features of the exercise
The dumbbell squat is a basic exercise that allows you to work out important muscles, namely the thighs and glutes. It is suitable for girls and men who are new to strength training. It is also recommended to do it for those who have back problems, which is a contraindication to using the barbell. These squats have a number of benefits, including:
- develop leg muscles remarkably;
- provide a complex load – they act immediately on a large muscle mass;
- develops core muscles, including improving balance, stability and coordination;
- develop flexibility and mobility of the joints;
- provide high calorie consumption;
- have a beneficial effect on hormonal levels;
- take the load off the spine;
- allow you to load your legs without stressing your back;
- improve the pumping of fluid in the body, ensure the delivery of nutrients to tissues and organs, and help cleanse the body.
What muscles do the exercise work?
Consider what muscles a squat with dumbbells in hand pumps. First of all, the exercise effectively works the muscles of the buttocks (gluteus maximus muscle), hamstrings and quadriceps, adductors of the thigh muscles, and calf muscles.
Additionally, the weighted squat provides a good load on the muscles of the upper shoulder girdle. The stabilizing muscles are also working – the muscles of the press, back and arms.
Dumbbell Hip Squats can be done in a variety of ways that work for both men and women. All of them create a load on the lower limbs, although some types pump the buttocks more, while others – the hips. Although the technique of the exercise may differ, there are a number of general rules that apply to all types of exercise:
- Before starting your workout, do a light warm-up.
- No need to slouch. The back should be straight, a slight natural bend in the lower back is allowed.
- Let the movements be smooth. Do not jerk the exercise.
- When squatting, it is not recommended to keep your knees together.
- Returning to the starting position, do not fully extend your knees. This will make it possible to work out the muscles of the legs and buttocks to the maximum.
- Keep your head straight. Do not tilt it to be able to breathe normally.
- Performing a downward movement, inhale, and return to the starting position on exhalation.
- The optimal weight of dumbbells for girls is up to 5 kg, for men – about 10 kg.
- The break between sets should be about two minutes for girls and a minute for men.
- The optimal number of approaches is 3-5, and the number of repetitions is 15-30, depending on goals, training level and gender.
Consider classic dumbbell squats, the technique of which is probably known to everyone. They swing your glutes, hamstrings, and quads. They can be performed by both men and women. The technique for performing the exercise is as follows:
- Take two dumbbells in your hands, lower them along the body. Spread your legs shoulder-width apart, keep your head and back straight, maintaining a natural deflection in the wall.
- Take a deep breath and sit down so that a right angle forms at the knees, and the dumbbells reach calf level. In this case, the maximum tension of the muscles of the buttocks is important. Lock the position for a couple of seconds.
- Exhale, return to starting position.
Dumbbell Squats: Options
Squats with dumbbells for girls and guys have a large number of types. Let’s consider some of them.
A very popular exercise option. It got its name because of the similarity to the stance of athletes in such a sport as sumo.
This exercise is carried out as follows:
- Spread your legs wide so that the distance between them is 15-25 cm more than the width of the shoulders. Dumbbells should be held on outstretched arms along the body. You can do squats with dumbbells between your legs when only one apparatus is used, and you need to hold it on outstretched arms between your legs. Keep your back straight, maintaining a natural arch in the lower back. You need to look ahead.
- Inhale, then sit down. At the lowest point, the thighs should be parallel to the horizontal surface. It is important that the muscles of the buttocks and legs are as tense as possible. Hold in this position for a few seconds.
- Exhale and come back.…
Sumo squatting is not that easy technically, so it can cause certain injuries. To prevent this from happening, be sure to adhere to the correct execution technique.
Do these exercises regularly for good results. For a start, 10-12 repetitions are enough. Over time, you can increase the number of them.
These are good dumbbell squats for girls, glutes and inner thighs. They are suitable for men if they are new to sports. With the help of plie, you can master the squat technique and tighten the body, but they do not build muscle mass. But they are great at training flexibility and stretching. Plie squatting is done as follows:
- Take dumbbells in your hands, stretch them in front of you so that they are parallel to the horizontal surface. You can also do a dumbbell squat between …