The most effective way to quickly lose fat in your thighs and lower legs is through exercise. A training complex for the home should include 2 types of loads: aerobic and strength. The process of losing weight on the legs should be accompanied by a low-calorie diet and a special drinking regime. Wraps, massage, and various creams can provide significant help in the fight against extra centimeters on the hips and legs.
- Standing Calf Raise
- Forward bends
Due to the fact that it is impossible to lose weight in the legs without reducing the total amount of body fat, the training program should include a large amount of cardio load. Prolonged, low-intensity aerobic exercise has the ability to expend large amounts of energy, activating the fat burning process in all areas of the body.
The following remedies can be used to exercise effective cardio for weight loss:
- Run. The most effective workout option is jogging in the morning right after waking up. The body after sleep is deficient in energy, which during aerobic exercise will contribute to the rapid breakdown of subcutaneous fat. The duration of the lesson is 15-25 minutes.
- Bike. Cycling is recommended in the evening, 2 hours before bedtime. During training, the load should be alternated from high (uphill) to low (quiet driving on a flat road). This technique will allow you to burn the maximum number of calories and will not lead to overwork. The duration of the bike ride must be at least 40 minutes.
- Jump rope. Jumping rope can be used as a warm-up before strength training, and as an independent aerobic training. In the second case, you should do it cyclically: 5-6 series, 2 minutes each. Rest time between sets should be about a minute.
- Swimming. To maintain a high metabolic rate, it is enough to visit the pool or pond 2-3 times a week for 30-40 minutes. The optimal time is right after strength training.
Cardio load can be provided by other active activities: hiking, sports games, ice skating and skiing, hiking in the forest for mushrooms and berries.
Advantages and disadvantages
The benefits of a lower body slimming diet are:
- balanced diet;
- high efficiency of the method both in the short and long term (due to excess fluid and fat deposits, respectively);
- absence of hunger and strict restrictions in the list of useful products (as with mono diets);
- elimination of cellulite and edema on the legs;
- a small number of contraindications;
- the ability to engage in any kind of sports, the absence of a sharp loss of muscle mass;
- availability and rich selection of menu components.
Disadvantages of the diet can be considered:
You need to keep counting calories per day
- lack of strictly localized weight loss (the fat layer decreases evenly, but due to the accumulation of fat on the thighs and buttocks, the result will be visually noted on them more strongly);
- the need to count calories and monitor the consumption of fats and carbohydrates;
- strict restriction of junk food (dietary indulgences in the form of a small portion of a harmful product are allowed only with prolonged diets and no more than 1 time per week).
Strength training for the hips
It is possible to reduce the circumference of the thighs by 10 cm in just 1 month when performing special strength exercises for the thighs. The best of these are squats, lunges, leg presses, prone leg raises, machine leg extensions, and high chair. It is necessary to carry out training in a high-intensity mode. Rest time between sets should not exceed 1 minute.
At the very beginning of the lesson, it is necessary to warm up the muscles and joints, lightly stretch the ligaments. You can carry out a high-quality warm-up with the help of ten-minute jumping rope, swinging movements of the limbs, rotating the pelvis and tilting the upper body down and to the sides to the feet.
The exercise has a complex effect: at the same time, the front, back, inner thighs and buttocks are worked out. The abs and lumbar muscles receive a significant load.
Correctly perform squats according to the following algorithm:
- Take the starting position: standing, legs spaced 30 cm apart, socks “look” forward, back straight, palms pressed to the hips.
- When inhaling, lower the body to a sitting position. Keep your thighs parallel to the floor and keep your knees close to your toes.
- During exhalation, quickly rise to the starting position.
- Perform 15 repetitions, then take a minute break to rest and perform 3 more sets.
It is common for beginners to make a common mistake when straightening the body: bending your back. Doing so is categorically unacceptable, as in this case there is a risk of serious spinal injury.
During lunges, the back of the thigh and gluteal muscles are exposed to the load. This feature of the exercise allows you to tighten your butt and thighs in just a week of intense training.
- Commit at …